Saturday, April 12, 2014

Mental Map:


Mental map: 

  • Mental maps are a mix of objective knowledge and subjective perceptions: precise knowledge about the location of geographic features as well as impressions of places, rough estimates of size and location, and a general sense of the connections between places.
  • This map represents the results of a research conducted by the BBC to find out what peoples idea of an internet "mental map"was.
  •  The result showed that most people perceived the internet as divided into certain categories, such as Google for research, eBay for buying, and YouTube for music, etc.
  • The results also showed that their perception of the internet all linked back to Google, and I may add this is exactly what my perception of the internet is, any time I navigate anywhere, I go through Google, and resource to it for any question I may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment